Maintaining good oral health is critical to one's overall health. Brushing and flossing on a regular basis are excellent ways to promote healthy teeth and gums; however, additional measures may be required at times. This is where the DSI Sense-X comes into play. DSI Sense-X is a gentle, yet potent, treatment for dentin hypersensitivity and cavity prevention. The fluoride released by DSI Sense-X strengthens tooth enamel and makes teeth more resistant to decay.
DSI Sense-X forms a thin protective coating on the surface of teeth after application, which immediately begins releasing fluoride ions into the oral environment. Fluoride ions combine with minerals in saliva and on tooth surfaces to form fluorapatite, a highly resistant compound that is resistant to acid attacks caused by bacterial fermentation of carbohydrates in food. Furthermore, fluoride ions inhibit bacterial metabolic processes, which aids in the reduction of cavity-causing bacteria in the mouth. Fluoride also promotes the remineralization of acid-damaged tooth enamel. This process fortifies and protects the tooth against further decay, which is critical for preventing cavities from forming. Furthermore, DSI Sense-X protects exposed root surfaces both physically and chemically.
In addition to cavity prevention, DSI Sense-X reduces tooth sensitivity by coating exposed root surfaces and occluding dentinal tubules with a calcified barrier that blocks tubule openings. DSI Sense-X can penetrate up to 200 m of exposed dentinal tubules. The powerful desensitizing action of DSI Sense-X provides immediate and long-lasting relief from hypersensitivity.
Using DSI Sense-X is a simple and painless procedure that can be completed in a matter of minutes during a routine dental check-up. However, it aids in the maintenance of optimal oral health, the prevention of more serious dental issues in the future, and the preservation of a healthy smile for years to come.
Possible applications include:
- Veneers, temporary restorations, and under crowns, bridges, inlays, and onlays
- In the field of temporary crowns, margins
- In the case of all direct restorations
- Erosion of the tooth neck
- Dentine exposed
- Gingiva recession causes hypersensitive teeth.
- Pain relief in exposed cervical areas without the need for restoration.
- Reduction of dentinal sensitivity following tooth preparation (prior to indirect restorations).
- Prior to and following scaling/plaque removal.
- Active tooth decay prevention
- Desensitizing agent with high potency
- It provides immediate hypersensitivity relief.
- Immediate and long-term results
- Reduces post-surgical sensitivity
- Fluoride release that is prolonged
- Prevents the formation and progression of tooth decay
- Bacterial growth is inhibited.
- Improves the remineralization of the enamel
- Useful for all indirect restorations.
- Unexposed dentine is insulated.
- All amalgams, cements, and composites are compatible.
For more information