DSI TAD Miniscrew is used as a solution for non-surgical teeth straightening teeth and alignment of moderate and severe malocclusions. TAD (Temporary Anchorage Devices) is a great alternative for using a facebow and a headgear to correct severe malocclusion or non-erupted teeth cases. Also, it eliminates the need for any patient's compliance which in turn reduces the overall treatment time.
By using the TAD as a skeletal anchorage, it can facilitate tooth movement. The main advantage is the ease of installation and minimal trauma. The device is inserted directly into the jawbone without any drilling. Then, elastic or spring traction is used to pull the teeth towards it.
DSI Miniscrews are easily placed even in tight spaces, these compact and versatile bone anchors offer "absolute anchorage" under pressure allowing precise force application. Compared to other solutions, DSI Miniscrews reduce surgery and extraction needs ultimately saving time while providing reliable results.
Each DSI Miniscrew comes in a sterile double blister package and is ready for immediate usage.
- Mushroom-shape head for ease of ligation by closed-coil or elastic chain
- Hexagonal base of the head for a tight and secure grip inside the tool.
- Self-taping: Fast and effective insertion, both manually or by contra-angle.
- Smooth transmucosal part of 2mm for better soft-tissue adaptation.
- 0.8mm hole (suitable for wire up to .020 "x.022") in a hex, for application of orthodontic accessories.
- Titanium alloy Ti-6Al-4V grade 23 ELI, is biocompatible and strong and can last for the whole treatment.
- Teeth straightening and alignment of malocclusion cases
- Corrects misaligned teeth.
- Molar protraction, uprighting, and distalization
- Indirect anchorage for space closure
- Intrusion of non-erupted tooth, and anterior open bite
- Anterior teeth retraction
- Traction on impacted canine
- Non-surgical teeth alignment
- Ideal for severe cases of malocclusion when traditional methods are ineffective
- Direct bone contact for "absolute anchorage," preventing movement
- Time-saving Installation
- Efficient teeth alignment and strengthening
- Versatile and Compact
- Easy insertion and removal, with a driver, no need for drills or other surgical instruments
- Strong and Biocompatible
- There is no need for patient compliance
- Can be used immediately out of the box
- Diameter: 2mm
- Total length: 12, 14mm
- Transmucosal length: 2mm
- Thread length: 10, 12mm
- Upper hex connection 2.2mm
- Titanium alloy Ti-6Al-4V grade 23 ELI
- 1 TAD Miniscrew in a double blister
SterileUnits in a box: